Our interest is in establishing long-term relationships with our clients, who will likely become both buyers and sellers of real estate in the San Francisco area and beyond. Using our experience, we assist clients in identifying their core needs. After coming up with a plan, our patience and professionalism ensure the right opportunity will not be missed when it presents itself.
Finding and buying the right home is a highly personalized process, and it all begins by identifying your wants and needs. We have access to virtually every property for sale in this market, and will show you the homes that best match your requirements. We provide all our clients with information including past property sales history; current, past and future market value trends; and area information that may have an effect on the property’s value.
Discovering the right home should be an exciting event. As professional REALTORS® in the San Francisco real estate market, our commitment is to make your home search as stress-free and efficient for you as possible. We know the importance of the decision to buy a home and will walk you through the process ensuring your final decision is made with educated confidence.
Meredith was God-sent to us. Her stellar communication and pro active work kept all parties well informed and moved us along on a timely basis. We are blessed we got to work with you - thank you for all the hard work under the crazy time pressures to help us secure our new home.
– Sarah K., San Francisco
Our Team is at Your Service
We know that making a purchase in the San Francisco real estate market isn't simple. We are dedicated to providing you with the very best in personal service and attention to help you through the process and to find the right property. We will:
- Meet with you to discuss your needs, analyze your financial resources and help establish achievable goals
- Recommend financial institutions where you can shop for the best possible financing
- Show your property based upon the criteria you’ve established
- Explain protective conditions, contingencies, customary practices, local laws, regulations and agency relationships
- Guide you toward loan pre-qualification/pre-approval
- Draft the purchase agreement for you
- Present your offer to the seller and the seller’s agent, highlighting your strengths as a buyer
- Negotiate a fair agreement
- Open escrow with a title company
- Manage the escrow period, ensuring that all conditions and contingencies are fulfilled in a timely manner and in accordance with the contract
- Help arrange and be present for all physical inspections of the property and review the inspection reports
- Review the Seller’s Transfer Disclosures Statement, title report and all other necessary documents with you
- Coordinate with your insurance agent and the title company to make sure your policy is in effect at the close of escrow
- Accompany you to the title office when it is time to sign the final closing papers
- Be the first to congratulate you on your purchase
- Follow up to make sure you have settled comfortably into your new property
Meredith used her experience and expertise to predict a competitive, yet manageable offer, and presented us as the buyers of choice, among a good handful of competitors. She was quick to follow up with the seller to make sure we had our ducks in a row, which ultimately helped us land our new home.
– Deb U., San Francisco
Your Purchasing Power
The first step in the buying process is to determine the price range that is right for you. You will need to consider how much cash you are prepared to invest and how much money you will need to borrow.
Your cash on hand will have to cover both the down payment and any closing costs associated with the purchase. Closing costs vary significantly based on the terms of any loan you may obtain, but are generally 2% to 4% of the purchase price. There are also moving expenses to remember.
You should also take into consideration how much your property taxes and insurance will cost in addition to a monthly mortgage payment in determining the right price range.
We will help you estimate your purchasing power and costs, but we highly recommend that you talk to your accountant and/or financial advisor to discuss your cash needs and your tax advantages.
An offer to purchase a property is given greater consideration by a seller when the offer is accompanied by a pre-qualification or better yet, a pre-approval letter from a reputable lender or mortgage broker. This gives assurance to the seller that you will be able to get the proposed financing and will not tie up the property needlessly. Potential lenders will inquire about six critical factors:
- Credit history
- Debt level
- Employment history
- The value of the property you wish to purchase
Our clients have often been favored over other buyers in multiple offer situations, even when they were not the highest offer in terms of price offered. With a proven track record of success, we can assist you in just about any residential real estate transaction.
If you are ready to buy or exchange property, or relocate to San Francisco, please contact us. We will take the time to understand your interests and concerns, and can answer all your questions. Our guidance and solid advice will prove to be your best first step. With a full team of professionals working behind us, we are uniquely positioned to focus our attention on the technical and negotiation aspects of your transaction.